"The Debate" (pilot episode)

Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's a "GNP!" ?

First of all, I would like to explain what all this GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT! hubbub is about and the purpose for this blog.
Let's just call it "GNP!" to simplify. GNP! is a series of animated political satirical shorts voiced and written by the Canadian comedy duo Double Exposure staring Bob Robertson and Linda Cullen.
The animation and design was contributed by Animation Brewery Productions in Vancouver headed by myself and my business partner, Glen Schachowskoj. Its not quite a series YET since we only created the one-minute "pilot" episode so far. We are seeking a Canadian broadcaster to put it on TV and once they are interested it starts the whole sheebam rollin'. You can see "The Debate" here www.GrossNationalProduct.CA

The reason I started the blog is so that I could share some of the behind-the-scenes aspects of the production which are really quite cool. For starters, the artwork that Gerry Fournier and Rich Forg did for the show really did us proud. Gerry designed all the characters and produced some hilarious character posing. Forg designed the setting concept and storyboarded the show nailing those expressions in typical fashion. I will be posting some of their concept work and various pre-production artwork.
Working with Bob and Linda was a total treat. They are true pro's and masters of their medium. I've been a big fan of Double Exposure for years. I used to tune in to the CBC and listen to them religiously every Saturday after Basic Black. I will be posting some favorite clips of their earlier work on CBC and CTV and perhaps there are a couple of audio out-takes from GNP! to share.
This blog is also a place for me to highlight other other members of the crew in particular Dylan, Joe, Mindy, Vivian, Talia, and James. I am very thankful to have such talented folks contributing. I will add more about them in the days ahead as I get this blog into gear. I hope you all enjoy it and will provide that feedback that helps so much when developing a new project.
Stu

No comments: